Wedding planning can feel like you’re being hit with neverending questions and making decision after decision. One of those selections is typically more fun than the rest: choosing your first dance song! Whether you’ve had a favorite song since you first got together or you’re determining a theme song for your relationship, your first dance song will hold a special place in your heart (and ears) for the rest of your life. There are plenty of lists of first dance songs to consider, but we’ve narrowed down a few from each genre that we bet you haven’t thought of yet. Will you dance beneath the stars to a contemporary folk song or spin under a spotlight to an old school tune? Only you can decide.
Check Out Our Top 10 Reception Songs:
- You’re All I Need to Get By – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- The Wedding Song – Angus & Julia Stone
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love – Branches
- Latch (Acoustic) – Sam Smith
- Something About Your Love – Mason Jennings
- Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
- When You Say Nothing At All – Alison Krauss
- Tennessee Whiskey – Chris Stapleton
- Like a Star – Corinne Bailey Rae
- I Got You – Jack Johnson
- photo by Stefanie Vinsel; see more from this wedding here!
Old School Romance Wedding Music
Folk First Dance Songs
Romantic Wedding Music Covers
Pop Wedding Music
Alternative First Dance Songs
Country Wedding Music
R&B First Dance Songs
Solo Singer/Songwriter First Dance Songs
Which first dance song will you lace up your dancing shoes to? Save the Spotify playlist to keep all of these songs in one place! Once you’ve chosen your first dance song, you’ll want to get started on the playlist guaranteed to get your guests on the dance floor. Of course, the best wedding DJs can help you determine all of these song choices which is why we’ve rounded up a collection of the world’s best wedding DJs.