Wedding planning can feel like decision after decision, but one of those selections is unanimously more fun than the rest: choosing your first dance song! Whether you’ve had a favorite song since you first got together or you’re determining a theme song for your relationship, your first dance song will hold a special place in your heart (and ears) for the rest of your life. There are plenty of lists of first dance songs to consider, but we’ve narrowed down a few from each genre that we bet you haven’t thought of yet. Will you dance beneath the stars to a contemporary folk song or spin under a spotlight to an old school tune?
Check out our top 10 reception songs:
- You’re All I Need to Get By – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- The Wedding Song – Angus & Julia Stone
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love – Branches
- Latch (Acoustic) – Sam Smith
- Something About Your Love – Mason Jennings
- Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
- When You Say Nothing At All – Alison Krauss
- Tennessee Whiskey – Chris Stapleton
- Like a Star – Corinne Bailey Rae
- I Got You – Jack Johnson
- photo by Stefanie Vinsel; see more from this wedding here!
Old School Romance
Ready to hire the perfect DJ to sweeten the mood? We’ve rounded up the best of the best just for you. Or maybe you’re searching for a wedding photographer to ensure you get all those sweet moments captured? Either way, we’re here to help you find your dream vendor team.
Which first dance song will you lace up your dancing shoes to? Save the Spotify playlist to keep all of these songs in one place! Have a first dance song picked out, but not a destination? Find out which wedding destination is your perfect fit!