The mother of the bride role comes with important duties and expectations that no longer include a set of strict and out-of-date style guidelines. Like any member of the wedding party, there’s preparation that goes into picking the perfect mother of the bride outfit and we think all moms deserve to feel just as radiant as their brides. Remember, it’s a big day for mom too—her daughter is getting married.
What Should The Mother Of The Bride Wear?
The mother of the bride’s style, like many upcoming wedding trends, is steering away from tradition and celebrating the uniqueness of the soon-to-be-wedded couples and their families. No longer are moms stuck wearing generic and conservative outfits, but rather elegant and modern ensembles that compliment the color palettes and themes of a wedding.
How To Choose A Coordinated Mother Of The Bride Outfit
There are varying style options and choices—from length of the gown to color—that can make dress shopping difficult. For a smooth shopping experience, time and communication are on your side.
Making this a collaborative process, between the bride and the mother, is a perfect way to spend quality time together and ensure that the mother of the bride’s chosen attire is appropriate for the theme and season of the wedding. Not to mention, starting early will leave time for alterations or any unforeseen hiccups, like shipping delays.
Our Favorite Mother Of The Bride Dress Ideas
Look no further for the perfect mother of the bride wedding day inspiration. We’ve compiled our favorite mother of the bride dress ideas. Use these options to focus less on stressful searching and more on soaking up these moments that will soon be cherished memories.
1. Tadashi Shoji Odette Sequin Dress
2. BHLDN Jenny Yoo Ellis Velvet Open Back Dress
3. Mac Duggal Emery Dress
4. Illusion Neck Embroidered Lace Midi Dress
5. Pryce Off-the-Shoulder Column Dress
6. AW Bridal Adalia Dress
7. DKNY 3/4 Balloon Sleeve Surplice V-Neck Faux Wrap Gown
8. Mac Duggal Floral Print Embroidered Long Sleeve Surplice V-Neck A-Line Midi Dress
9. Significant Other Demi Dress
10. Chaus Cape Sleeve Cold Shoulder Sheath Dress
11. Adrianna Papell Beaded Illusion 3/4 Sleeve Jewel Neck Gown
12. BHLDN Dylan One-Shoulder Satin Gown
13. Mac Duggal Flutter Short Sleeve Surplice V-Neck Beaded Sheath Gown
14. AW Bridal Romula Dress
15. BHLDN Leila Deep-V Flutter-Sleeve Satin Gown
16. Mac Duggal Beaded Chiffon Short Sleeve Boat Neck Sheath Midi Dress
17. AW Bridal Eulalia Dress
18. BHLDN Ashlynn Square-Neck Crepe High-Slit Gown
19. Sachin & Babi Camila Belted Mermaid Crepe Midi Dress
20. AW Bridal Emir Dress
From carefully curating top-notch wedding vendors to finding the perfect mother of the groom outfit, our role at Junebug Weddings is to eliminate the stress of planning, at every level of the process, for couples and their families.
Any chance you know where to find the pink floral embroidered dress posted on Pinterest? I’d love to have it! Thank you!
Which dress are you referring to? We may be able to find it for you!
Where do you recommend for plus sized mother of the bride stylish dresses. Thanks
Hi there! David’s Bridal, Dillard’s, Adrianna Pappell, and Azazie have great options!