The leaves are falling and pumpkin spice lattes are calling, which means it’s time for you to decide on an outfit (or two!) for your engagement session. Sweaters, boots, scarves, and cozy blankets all make an appearance in these 17 fall engagement outfit ideas, but which will you choose!
1. Layer neutral colored sweaters over button button down shirts for a classic, pulled-together look.
2. Bohemian accessories like flower crowns, vintage belts, and suspenders look great with sweaters and lacy skirts!
3. A felt hat and boots scream fall. We’re loving his shearling-lined denim jacket too!
4. Coordinating in boldly colored scarves adds a little spice to your fall engagement style.
5. Are you a casual couple? We love that these two stayed warm in cozy fleece pull-overs for their mountaintop engagement session!
6. Mix patterns by bringing along a plaid scarf to contrast with your printed sweaters.
7. Keep warm while looking cool in edgy jackets. Love that his patterned jacket has leather details to call back to her classic moto look!
8. Fall is synonymous with football season, so show a little team pride by wearing tees repping your favorite football team’s logo. Even better if you support opposing teams!
9. Juxtapose feminine and masculine styles with pastel shades and black accents.
10. Over-the-knee boots and a printed mini dress add a little free-spirited retro flair to your engagement photo outfit.
11. Show off your personal style in outfits with similar pieces in varying prints and colors. Love these two in their different-but-coordinated leather jackets, button downs, and shoes!
12. Soft sweaters in playful pastels make a dreamy look for your engagement session.
13. Before it gets too cold, break out your maxi dress one last time for a spin in the forest during your engagement shoot!
14. Is there anything cooler than a long-sleeved mini dress with booties? Love his skinny tie and sneakers to complement her edgy New York vibes!
15. Take a vintage approach by pairing a poplin cape and hat with his skinny leather suspenders. The coordinating gold jewelry is a lovely bonus!
16. Playfully casual looks are perfect for fall engagement shoots. Her tunic and cardigan balance brilliantly with his plaid shirt and beanie.
17. We’re big fans of tall boots and cardigan sweaters, but it’s no secret that fluffy dogs are the best accessory for your engagement photos!
Whether your engagement session is cozy, casual, or cute, these 17 fall engagement outfit ideas will have you feeling confident and cool. For more fall inspiration, check out our 18 fall wedding ideas!