2019 BEST OF THE BEST WEDDING PHOTO CONTEST
Entry into the Best of the Best Wedding Photo Competition constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
This competition is sponsored by:
- JBW Media, Inc. dba Junebug Weddings ("Junebug"), PO Box 140836 Dallas, TX 75214
Entries will be accepted on the following dates:
The Competition begins October 29th, 2019 at 12:00 am Central Time ("CT") and ends November 26th, 2019 at 11:59 pm CT (the "Entry Deadline"). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Deadline will be disqualified.
Who can enter:
- Anyone may enter providing they are at least 18 years of age or who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, whichever is older.
- Employees of Junebug and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and parent companies, affiliates and agents of Junebug and are not eligible to enter.
By submitting an entry, each Entrant understands and agrees to the following:
- Each submitted photograph (each, an “Entry”) must be a work of original material taken by the Entrant in its entirety. By entering the Competition, the Entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that (i) Entry is their original work created solely by the Entrant, (ii) the Entry does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, (iii) no other party holds any right, title, or claim in the Entry, (iv) the Entry does not violate any law or regulation.
- All Entries must have been taken between October 29th, 2018 and November 26th, 2019.
- An Entrant is defined as 1 photographer. For example, a studio of 3 photographers must submit 3 separate entries to be awarded as individuals. See our FAQ page for more information!
- Entries must depict wedding or elopement day coverage (including, but not limited to, photos documenting getting ready, first look, ceremony, cocktail hour, couple portraits, reception, send off, etc.). No pre-wedding/post-wedding coverage is allowed. No styled shoot or workshop imagery is allowed.
- The Entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below.
- To the extent the Entry depicts any individual, the Entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that Entrant has obtained permission from each person appearing in the Entry or, if that person is a minor, permission from that person’s parent or legal guardian, to grant all of the rights listed in these Official Rules, and can make written copies of such permissions available to Junebug upon request.
- The Entry may not be obscene or indecent, it must not contain defamatory statements, it must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group, it must not invade privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group, and it must not name or depict any third party without his/her permission.
- The Entry may not depict or encourage any dangerous, life-threatening, or otherwise risky behavior.
- Entrant grants to Junebug and each of its designees, licensees, and assigns (“Authorized Parties”), a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, display, and post the Entry in any media for the purposes of promoting and administering the collection. The Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. The Authorized Parties may not sublicense or sell any of the foregoing rights to any third party.
- The maximum number of Entries per Entrant is twenty (20).
- Submission fees are $28.00 for up to 15 images for Non-Members, $18 for up to 15 images for Junebug Members (a Junebug member is a business listed in our vendor directory), and an extra $5 for 5 additional images. Junebug Members also have the option to submit 3 images for free.
- Entries will be judged anonymously based on merit only.
- Junebug membership is not required to enter the competition and will not be used to determine winning Entries.
- The selection process will consist of multiple rounds of evaluation in which a panel of judges, including Jordan Voth, Terralogical, Kreativ Wedding along with the Junebug Team, will act as Judges to collectively and anonymously review the Entries and select them based on distinctiveness, skill, and artistry.
- The decisions made by the Judges will be final and binding.
- For more information on the judging process, please view the Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Best of the Best Photo Contest Judging Process.
- We encourage you to review past collections.
How to submit:
- Please visit the 2019 Best of the Best Wedding Contest Page for more information, or submit via our submission form and review the instructions before paying the processing fee and submitting.
- Entries formatted in .jpg measuring at 1,500 pixels on their long dimension are required.
- All Entry file names must include the appropriate copyright - the business and photographer's name.
- Entries must be compressed in a .zip file no larger than 25MB, and the zip file name should include the appropriate copyright - the business and photographer's name.
- Diptychs, triptychs, and similar photo combinations are allowed and will be considered as a single Entry and should be combined into one image file.
- Entries must be made by an authorized agent of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. An "authorized agent" will be defined as the person who is an assigned user of the e-mail address provided by an internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.)
- View our contest FAQ page for answers to common questions
How the Winners will be notified:
Winners will be determined and notified by December 12th, 2019. Winners will be notified through the email address provided in their submission form and will also be asked to (i) send a high res version of their image and (ii) approve the caption to be shown in our 2019 Best of the Best Wedding Photo Collection. At the discretion of Junebug, Winners may be disqualified for any of the following reasons:
- The Winner has not complied with the Official Rules
- The Winner has failed to execute and return any required documents or images within the specified time period
- The winner notification is returned as undeliverable
In any of these events, and at Junebug's sole discretion, the Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Entry will be selected in his/her place according to the judging criteria set forth above.
What Winners will receive:
- Each of the 50 Winners will receive a Winner's badge to display on their website or blog (“Winner’s Badge”) (total retail value $0 USD).
- The winning Entries will be published on JunebugWeddings.com with a link to the photographer's website or blog (total retail value $0 USD).
Junebug Weddings' Limitation of Liability:
- By participating, Entrants release, discharge, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Junebug, and each of their respective partners, agents and their employees, officers, and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of or relating to (i) Entrant’s participation in this Competition or any Competition-related activities, (ii) the content in Entrant’s Entry, (iii) any technical errors that may prevent Entrant from submitting an Entry, (iv) unauthorized human intervention in the Competition, (v) errors in the administration of the Competition or the processing of Entries, (vi) the receipt, transfer, use, handling, transportation, storage, hosting, posting, or display in any manner of the Entries, (vii) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Competition or the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any Winner’s Badge provided hereunder. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Competition, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. In addition, Junebug reserves the right to report inappropriate Entries to any applicable law enforcement authorities.
- Junebug assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Competition entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms.
- Junebug is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Competition.
- This Competition is void in any country or province where prohibited.
- This Competition is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Certain restrictions may apply.
- Junebug is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected email. An Entry will be deemed void if the Judges determine the Entry to not be an original, or if the Entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
- Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Competition or the Winner’s Badge” shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Travis County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Junebug in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
- be bound by these Official Rules;
- accept that the decisions of the Judges are final on all matters relating to the Competition; and
- if he/she wins, consent that Junebug may use each winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Competition or future promotions of the Competition without compensation or approval.
Junebug's right to cancel the Competition:
If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Junebug that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Competition, Junebug reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition. If Junebug elects to cancel or terminate the Competition, Junebug will not retain any rights in the Entries and will return the entry fees.