Ooh-la-la! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Want a fantastic gift for your spouse-to-be or an anniversary present to remind him why he married you? Look no further than a sexy photo shoot showing off your (and his) favorite assets. Photographers around the country specialize in these intimate and empowering photo sessions that make you forget about the stresses of everyday life and feel utterly gorgeous and unique. From personal experience both in front of and behind the camera, I can say for certain that boudoir photo sessions can be all kinds of fun!
To find the photographer who's right for you, start by asking your wedding photographer if lingerie shoots are in their repertoire, or look around for other photographers in your town who
really specialize in this type of art. Choose someone whose work you love and who you feel comfortable with personally. In the Seattle area, check out the boudoir photography of In a Frame Photography
(who shot all the amazing photos above- thanks so much Cheryl!), Laurel McConnell Photography
, Katrinka's Secret
and Old School Pin Ups
Once you've got your photographer chosen, here are a few tips to get you ready for your big photo shoot:
- Wear loose fitting clothing and no tight bras or undies before hand to avoid dents and lines on your skin.
- Bring along some music that makes you feel happy, feisty and playful, and reminds you of the one you love.
- Show your photographer images from movies, magazines or websites that you think are beautiful and that embody the kind of sexy style you're going for.
- Photo shoots can take place anywhere; consider a hotel room for luxury
and privacy, your own home to spice up your everyday environment, or take a few minutes to shoot some special photos as you're getting ready on your wedding day.
- Choose an assortment of lingerie that makes you feel fantastic, as well
as any props, sentimental items or other outfits you want to play with.
You may not use it all, but it's great to have options to inspire you.
- Most guys I know love the look of their ladies no matter what they have
on, and often times, the simpler the better. Grab a few items from his
closet and wear his favorite tee, his button down shirt, his work
uniform or his favorite team's jersey, and, well, not much else!
- Relax and have fun! Your partner already thinks you're stunning, and a
good photographer will know how to photograph you in a way that makes
you look and feel comfortable. Your ease and confidence will show
through in the images, and that's really what sexiness is all about!
We want to hear from you- are you having boudoir photos taken? Have you found a photographer you love? Share your recommendations and resources with all of the Junebug readers and help your fellow brides-to-be treat themselves to some fun!