Barneys New York, the one stop shop for all things ultra-fashionable, now has a blog called The Window and I'm loving the style scoop they're providing!
Just in time for summer, Barneys' blogger Kim Anderson interviewed nine leading beauty experts, from top makeup artists like Daniel Martin and Gucci Westman to in-the-know beauty
editors from Harper’s Bazaar, Allure and W Magazine, to share their secret weapons for easy summer skin care and beauty. Perfect for all women, whether you're walking down the aisle, down the hall, or down the beach, here are the top tips we loved the most... and you can read the full article along with all kinds of other beauty and fashion goodness at Barneys.com!
I. Jessica Prince, Beauty Editor, Harper’s Bazaar
• Summer Essential: I’ve tried tons of tinted moisturizers, and Shiseido The Skincare Tinted Moisture Protection SPF 20 is my favorite. The formula provides an instant dewy glow and protection from the sun—perfect for warm-weather makeup.
Daniel Martin, Makeup Artist
• 1. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square gives balance to a dewy, sun-kissed complexion. The added bonus is the pencil form for application precision.
• 2. Besides the buildable and comfortable coverage you get from Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation, its plastic tube makes it convenient for travel.
• 3. My friend Catherine at Vogue turned me on to Serge Lutens Water Lip Color in Indian Ink. It’s the perfect shade and texture for a barely-there color. Very chic!
• 4. I use Yves Saint Laurent Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry Eyeshadow for the intense color payoff! The amazing shades take you from day to night, and they don’t crease in the humidity.
Eva Chen, Beauty Director, Teen Vogue
• Summer Essential: I am a total manicure-aholic. After using a polish once, I never use it again, except in the case of Girls Just Want to Have Fun. It’s the perfect coral, and her ultra-smooth formula is easy to DIY!
Amy Keller Laird, Deputy Editor & Beauty Director, Allure
• Summer Essential: Sheer
bright lipstick is ideal in the summer. You get a pop of color without
heaviness or worry that it’ll migrate in the heat. I adore Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupte in Tangy Orange — it’s a true orange shade that feels like lip balm and has a delicious fruity scent.
Gucci Westman, Makeup Artist
• 1. I love the Ama La Hydrating Face Polish, perfect to prepare your skin for summer, get rid of dead skin and get an even glow.
• 2. Natura Bisse spf 50 Luminous Shield feels nice on the skin and provides a great canvas for makeup.
Jane Larkworthy, Beauty Director, W Magazine
• 1.Chantecaille Real Skin Foundation SPF 30
- Despite being decades beyond the “Sea Breeze” teens, I still deal
with shine, particularly in summer. Hence the powder foundation.
• 2. Yves Saint Laurent La Laque Nail Lacquer in Rich Coffee – Along with teal and coral, I am totally digging dark brown toes for summer. It’s terribly chic and unexpected.
• 3. Without NARS Blush in Orgasm, I
automatically look tired and washed out. The orgasm shade makes my
cheeks (and nose, and forehead) look just short of sunburned.
• 4. Le Labo Santal 33 Fragrance
is the lightest way to be sexy in summer heat. I can already imagine
how this will smell in the breeze with a white linen dress.
Thanks Barneys! xoxo