Junebug Weddings BEST OF THE BEST 2012 Photo Collection
Entry into this Photo Competition constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
The competition sponsor:
The Sponsor of the Best of the Best 2012 is Mona, Inc. dba Junebug Weddings ("Junebug"), 11815 8th Avenue NW, Seattle, WA 98177.
When we will be accepting entries:
The Competition begins November 1st 2012, at 12:01 am Pacific Time ("PT") and ends December 5th, 2012, at 11:59 pm PT (the "Entry Deadline").
Who can enter:
- Anyone may enter providing they are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.
- Employees of Junebug and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and parent companies, affiliates and agents of Junebug are not eligible to enter or win prizes.
Important considerations before submitting:
- Each submitted photograph must be a work of original material taken by the Entrant in its entirety. By entering the Competion, the Entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is their original work created solely by the Entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party holds any right, title, or claim in the photograph.
- The photograph must have been taken at a wedding or wedding-related photo shoot (i.e. bridal portrait, day-after, Trash the Dress, or similar photo sessions) featuring clients of the Entrant and may not be taken at a styled or commercial shoot featuring models, or at an engagement shoot.
- All photos must have been taken between December 2011 and December 2012.
- The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below.
How the Best of the Best is judged:
- Photos will be judged anonymously based on merit only.
- Junebug membership is not required for entry and will not be used to determine winning entries.
- The selection process will consist of multiple rounds of evaluation in which a panel of Junebug Weddings team members, all with years of experience in professional photography and photo editing, will act as Judges to collectively and anonymously review the entries and select them based on distinctiveness, skill and artistry.
- After no less than five rounds of elimination, the panel of Judges will select the 50 most outstanding images of the year.
- The decisions made by the Judges will be final and binding.
- Junebug reserves the right not to award all prizes in the event that an insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the minimum judging criteria are received, as determined by Junebug in their sole discretion.
How to submit:
- Please visit http://junebugweddings.com/best-of-2012/submission.aspx, review the checklist and pay the processing fee before submitting. Important note about the security of our submission forms: We use WuFoo embedded forms which are served across a protected, 128-bit SSL connection that encrypts the data before it is sent back to their servers. This ensures that any wrong-doer who may be listening to our network traffic is not able to actually read any of the data being submitted within the form.
- Images formatted in .jpg measuring at least 1,000 pixels on their long dimension are preferred.
- All image file names must include the appropriate copyright - the business and photographer's name.
- Images must be compressed in a .zip file no larger than 10MB, and the zip file name should include the appropriate copyright - the business and photographer's name.
- Each photographer in a photography business or studio may submit a maximum of twelve (12) images. Diptychs, triptychs, and similar photo combinations are allowed and will be considered as a single image.
- Online entries must be made by an authorized agent of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. An "authorized agent" will be defined as the person who is an assigned user of the e-mail address provided by an internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.)
How the Winners will be notified:
Winners will be determined by Thursday, December 20th and notified by Thursday, December 27th. Winners will be notified through the email address provided in their submission form and will also be asked to send a high res version of their image, and to approve the caption to be shown in our Best of the Best 2012 Collection.
At the discretion of Junebug, Winners may be disqualified for any of the following reasons:
In any of these events, and at Junebug's sole discretion, the Winner will be disqualified and another photograph may be named as an alternate Winner.
- The Winner has not complied with the Official Rules
- The Winner has failed to execute and return any required images within the specified time period
- The prize notification is returned as undeliverable
What Winners will receive:
- Each of the 50 Winners will receive a Winner's badge to display on their website or blog.
- Selected images will be published on JunebugWeddings.com with a link to the photographer's website or blog.
Junebug Weddings' Limitation of Liability:
- By participating, Entrants release, discharge, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Junebug and each of their respective partners, agents and their employees, officers, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Competition or any Competition-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- Junebug assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Competition entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms.
- Junebug is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Competition.
Entrant hereby grants to Junebug Weddings a non-exclusive, license to use, copy, distribute, display, modify and to make derivatives, in any media, of any information, materials and copy submitted to Junebug Weddings. Entrant warrants that they own or have otherwise licensed the rights granted under this paragraph to such information, materials and copy submitted to Junebug.
- This Competition is void where prohibited.
- This Competition is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Certain restrictions may apply.
- Junebug is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected email. Entries void if Judges determine the entry to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
- be bound by these Official Rules;
- accept that the decisions of the Judges are final on all matters relating to the Competition; and
- if he/she wins, consent that Junebug may use each winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Competition or future promotions of the Competition without compensation or approval. All federal, state and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize are/is ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Judges, in their sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another Entrant.
Junebug's right to cancel the Competition:
If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Junebug that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Competition, Junebug reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition. If Junebug elects to cancel or terminate the Competition, Junebug will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs and will return the entry fees.